January 8, 2010

1. What is one piece of important learning in reading or writing you have gained this week?

It's important to "paint a picture in your mind" when your reading so you can imagine what the situation is like. I've noticed that the only time I can paint a picture in my mind is when the book I'm reading is interesting. Also, reading between the lines is important because it helps you comprehend what your reading better. For writing, I have learned that when you are writing something, always make sure that the reader does not get bored.
2. Explain how this has helped you in your reading or writing.

It has helped me a lot because I can understand what the author is trying to say even better when I visualize a scene in my mind and when I read between the lines. As I mentioned before, this only happens when the book is interesting. Now, whenever someone edits my paper, they find it a whole lot more interesting than what I did before. It grabs the reader's attention.

3. Explain what the difference is between a common noun and a proper noun.

A common noun is something that is general, for example: Dog. There are many types of dogs but a common noun is something that is very brief. Now a common noun is describing a specific thing. Instead of just "Dog", a common noun could be a name of a dog, what type of breed it is or anything specific, for example: Golden Retriever- this is a proper noun. Usually, anything that is capitalized gives you a hint that it might be a proper noun.

No comments:

Post a Comment