Writing Reflection

Writing Self Assessment

1. What do I notice about myself as a writer as I read through my work?

I see spelling errors and sometimes my sentences don't make sense. There are a lot of times when I write sentences without sentence fluency so It sounds like I keep pausing abruptly. I try to make my writing sound like it's real: what I would really feel and what I would be thinking and a lot of times it sounds good.


2. How have I changed as a writer so far?

Now I really try to make my writing interesting so the reader doesn't fall asleep and also I try to make it unique. Not just about a birthday party but a real experience. I think I've improved tremendously than before. See, I even use big words now. I add a lot of detail in my writing because I want the reader to know what I'm talking about.



3. What are three things I do well as a writer?

1. I add a lot of detail in my writing.

2. I try to make the reader feel like he/she is in the story

3. I try to make the reader paint a picture in their mind


4. What are some things I want to get stronger at as a writer?

Sentence fluency is one thing. The other is making my writing make sense and the story should REALLY grab your attention. I keep using the word ''I'' a lot and it's a bad habit. I also want to make the beginning of some sentences in a different way.


5. What is my favorite piece, and what are the things I love about it?

I think my favorite piece would be... hmmm, I don't really have a favorite but I can tell you about a writing piece that I think I really like. I wrote this at home. It's called "Basic Stuff". The things I really liked about it was I expressed my own feelings and I used really good words. I liked the plot of my story because I thought it was really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment